Quotes of the Day for Friday 3 August
GLASGOW - A selection of the best quotes from day 2 of competition at the Glasgow 2018 European Championships.
"I was born to race and in my arena, in a home arena, that is really where I come to life."
- British swimmer Adam PEATY is in his element at the Tollcross International Swimming Centre after qualifying first in the men's 100m breaststroke heats on Friday.
"Just go and get them. Fly and die. Everything's possible."
- Fighting talk from Dutch rower Kirsten WIELAARD after qualifying for the final of the women's four at Strathclyde Country Park.
"We're both fast swimmers and like dance music so when we came across the James Brown track it seemed the perfect choice. That kind of music is good for us to dance in the water too and really enjoy it."
Spanish synchronised swimmer Paula RAMIREZ IBANEZ and her partner Sara SALDANA LOPEZ like to get on up when they are down in the water.
"This is the worst it can possibly get."
- Disconsolate Croatian rower Damir MARTIN after failing to qualify for the semifinals of the men's single sculls.
"I'm the one that's dying out there so it's really good to have the crowd try and carry you home. It makes a big difference."
- British track cyclist Jason KENNY likes to feed off the fans' support - but it wasn't enough in the men's team sprint. Great Britain were eliminated in the first round.
"We don’t usually see faces but sometimes you see a big flag and that's my mum."
- British synchronised swimmer Kate SHORTMAN experiences a wave of support from a familiar quarter during the technical duet final.
CNS content is available free of charge to all media. No copyright restrictions apply.