Quotes of the Day for Saturday 4 August
GLASGOW - A selection of the best quotes from day 3 of competition at the Glasgow 2018 European Championships.
"If I got that 56.99 I'd be like, 'Oh for God's sake'. If I'd have achieved it people would all be talking about 'Project 55'.
- Britain's world-record-breaking gold medallist Adam PEATY explains why he was happy to touch but not break the 57-second barrier in the men's 100m breaststroke final.
"We chose our music [from Alice in Wonderland] because it's like a fairy tale. Our costumes match the playing cards, like what you would see in Alice in Wonderland."
- Austria's Anna-Maria ALEXANDRI and her sister Eirini-Marini were dressed to thrill in the synchronised swimming duet free routine preliminary at Scotstoun Sports Campus.
"Amy PIETERS (NED) will be the one to beat and then, of course, the Brits - whoever is there. They're just so f****** strong - all of them."
- Danish track cyclist Trine SCHMIDT knows the British are coming in the women's individual pursuit.
"We said to the French team before the race that we will make up for Croatia's World Cup final defeat by France in Russia, so we made that prediction come true."
- Croatian rower Valent SINKOVIC (CRO) puts the boot in at Strathclyde Country Park after winning the men's pair with brother Martin.
"I think I will try to follow MIRESSI as close as I can and then, tell him 'goodbye'."
- French swimmer Mehdy METELLA (FRA) reveals his strategy for beating Italy's Alessandro MIRESSI in Sunday's 100m freestyle final.
"Someone in the team says 'fire' when we need motivation."
- British synchronised swimmer Daniella LLOYD reveals her team's code word when they want to turn up the heat.
"You think you're fine, then it comes to the last 10 laps and you're like, 'Holy s***, my legs are dying here'."
- Ireland track cyclist Felix ENGLISH after finishing 12th in the men's scratch race.
"Rowing is a terrible sport."
- Exhausted Italian rower Luca RAMBALDI was also hurting after the men's quadruple sculls but soon had a gold medal dangling around his neck to ease the pain.
CNS content is available free of charge to all media. No copyright restrictions apply.