Quotes of the Day for Sunday 12 August
GLASGOW - A selection of the best quotes from day 10 of competition at the Glasgow 2018 European Championships.
"The main goal was to go in head first more or less."
- Men's diver Aleksandr BONDAR (RUS) keeps his approach to 10m platform qualifying simple.
"It was a mess, but it was a good mess for us."
Swedish golfer Cajsa PERSSON reflects on her and Linda WESSBERG's semifinal victory with a bogey on the 18th hole against Laura DAVIES and Georgia HALL (GBR), who carded a double bogey.
"I'm going to drive straight home after this and have a week off."
- DAVIES was not a happy bunny after she and Georgia HALL lost the women's team event bronze medal match in cold, damp conditions. But despite her gripes about the weather, the change in format and losing two matches in a row, she said she had a great week.
"I just want a big pizza. That is all I want right now."
- And Grace REID (GBR) probably deserves one, after winning diving gold and silver at the Glasgow 2018 European Championships.
"After the sixth lap I was really angry about why I decided to swim this 25k."
- Open water gold medallist Kristof RASOVSZKY (HUN) on being chased to the finish, as in his 10km race.
"A good lunch and change socks. Very wet socks, soaking. Change shoes, too. The party must go on. We try for another gold medal."
- Icelandic golfer Birgir HAFTHORSSON was planning to put his feet up ahead of the men's team final after winning a soggy semifinal with Axel BOASSON against their Spanish opponents.
"There was this breaking point in my career, as I think happens to each athlete, this moment when you are fed up with everything and you just want to stop."
- Russian diver Aleksandr BONDAR is glad he shelved plans to quit the sport in 2014 after winning the men's 10m platform.
CNS content is available free of charge to all media. No copyright restrictions apply.