A selection of the best quotes from day 5 of competition at the Glasgow 2018 European Championships.
"I want to sleep lots - for one week at least."
- Russian synchronised swimmer Svetlana Kolesnichenko (RUS) is planning to rest on her laurels after winning gold in the technical solo final.
"This is probably the worst I've swum in my whole career. I need to have a little think about what I'm doing, have a rest and take it from there."
- Irish swimmer Jordan Sloan (IRL) is sunk without trace after finishing last in his heat of the men's 200m freestyle, having earlier ranked 46th in the 100m freestyle.
"I think you can train your body to be used to hot or cold water so you don't need one. I'm from Holland and we are used to swimming in cold water."
- World, Olympic and European 10km champion Ferry Weertman (NED) reckons wetsuits are for wimps but will abide by the new rules making them compulsory when the water temperature is 16-18C.
"It doesn't matter much, because [team coach] Tatiana Pokrovskaia smiled. And that is amazing. It feels like a happy new year. Because one time in a year she says: 'OK, that was very good'."
- Hard task-masters are commonplace in international sport, but synchronised swimmer Mariia Shurochkina (RUS) reveals that the team's stony-faced coach could afford a rare grin after her team picked up the gold medal.
"Now I feel free. I am relieved to be done with the 10 metres."
- Italian diver Giovanni Tocci admits to being a bit of a scaredy-cat on the tower so was glad to get the 10m event out the way.